In the Fraser Valley, the Mounties busted an illegal cannabis operation that had been active for quite some time now.
On January 29, Upper Fraser Valley RCMP, announce in a news release that they conducted an investigation, started in December, a hint was given that they were operating a cannabis related business situated at 45000 block of Knight Road in Chilliwack.
At 8 pm on January 23rd, Chilliwack RCMP had a search warrant for the location where they sized:
Chilliwack RCMP photo
- 45 kilograms (100 pounds)
- cannabis-infused items including edibles;
- over 1,000 packages labelled "Bareta" containing the cannabis-derivative shatter'
- about one-half kilogram of cocaine;
- 2.3 kilograms of psilocybin mushrooms;
- an unspecified amount of pre-packaged prescription tablets
While the bust was occurring, two 26 year old male suspect were arrested on the scene but was quickly release from their custody.
When the official investigation is complete under the new Cannabis Act and Controlled Drug and substance Act we will know exactly what will be the punishment that will be judge upon the suspects arrested on the scene.